Sale of Limone Femminello dell’Etna online
The fruit has exceptional beneficial properties, there are numerous antioxidants that are essential in preventing cancer and cardiovascular disease.
The high presence of citric acid, allows the killing of many organisms that could be harmful and helps to burn excess fat.
The fruit is medium-sized, elliptical in shape with a rounded base, thick pale yellow skin, very juicy pulp and intense yellow in colour.
Limone dell’Etna is one of the products of excellence from Sicily. It is a lemon of volcanic origin, cultivated on the slopes of Etna, which is characterized by its thin and fragrant skin, its juicy pulp and its sweet and sour taste.
Thanks to its uniqueness, Limone dell’Etna has been recognized as a Protected Geographical Indication, which protects quality products linked to their geographical origin.
Lemon is used both in traditional and modern cuisine, to prepare jams, juices and desserts, but also for the production of vinegar, liqueurs, wines and essential oil.
It is a valuable ingredient for savory dishes, such as salads, fish, meat and even desserts.
Limone dell’Etna is a quality product that can be consumed both fresh and processed.
Sicilian lemons are among the most valuable fruits in the world, appreciated for their intense flavor and their fragrant peel. Thanks to the favorable climate of the island and the presence of the volcano Etna, Sicilian lemons have acquired a unique aroma and flavor, becoming a symbol of Sicilian culture and tradition. In this article we will discover together the characteristics of Sicilian lemons, how to grow them and use them in the kitchen.
Features of Sicilian lemons:
Sicilian lemons are distinguished by their unique organoleptic characteristics, including:
- Intense and sour taste
- Thick and fragrant skin
- Juicy pulp rich in vitamin C
- Great versatility in the kitchen
Properties and benefits of lemon Femminello dell’Etna
1. Etna Lemon is rich in vitamin C, an essential nutrient that contributes to the health of the immune system.
2. It has a good amount of antioxidants, which help fight free radicals and prevent premature aging.
3. Etna Lemon is a good source of iron and calcium, which are essential for the formation of strong bones and teeth.
4. It contains flavonoids, which help reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
5. It has a high fiber content, which promote digestive health.
6. This lemon is a good source of vitamin A, which helps maintain healthy skin.
7. It has a small amount of sugar, so it is a great option for diabetics.
8. Etna Lemon has a good potassium content, which helps maintain a healthy blood pressure.
9. Promotes digestion, reducing gas formation and swelling.
10. It has a fresh flavor and an intense aroma, making it an excellent addition to many recipes and drinks.
Recipe lemon jelly Femminello dell’Etna
This ancient Sicilian recipe has been handed down for generations in the family, the important thing is to have fresh citrus and lots of imagination in the decorations. It will be perfect as a dessert for your dinners and events at home! Excellent in every season, light tasty and healthy!
- 6 lemons
- Water Q.S
- 40g fish glue
- 300g sugar
Squeeze lemon juice, measure how much water you need to get to 1l (including juice).
Put the fish glue in the measured water for about 30 minutes, then put the water with the fish glue on low heat and mix until completely dissolved.
When the heat is off add the sugar and turn until the sugar melts, when the mixture is cold, add the lemon juice, store in the desired form and put in the fridge for about one night.